How many remote workers do you have? Many of today’s businesses are turning to a remote workforce – those that work from home or separate locations – because it is cost effective and highly desirable to their employees. As of 2017, as much as 90% of the workforce in the United States says they telework – remote work – at least sometimes, according to the American Community Survey from the US Census Bureau. But, remote working doesn’t mean a company has to give up its culture or its brand identity. It does mean it is necessary to come up with new ways to connect. Video can help to do that.
Create Brand-Focused Videos
When your company sits and talks, it likely has a very specific focus. For example, when you are hosting a group chat, you’re all about getting the task at hand done. But, what about those office interactions that don’t typically happen in a traditional remote workplace?
Video can help.
- Create videos that showcase a “Monday office party” or a “Friday weekend kick-off event.” The key here is simply to bring a few people to show what your company’s culture is.
- Use video as a way to communicate across all locations. Ask each employee to send in a short video of what they are working on. Then, compile them to showcase what your company is doing.
- Use interactions and interviews. Create customized interviews with each member of the team. Link these to their profiles on services such as Slack – or whatever communication tool available. It helps to a face to a name.
Video can be used in a variety of ways, but one thing is for sure. You need to make sure that you are allowing your company’s culture to come through. Due to this, bring some people together to chat, discuss important topics, or pose questions. Encourage every member of your team, no matter where they are working, to share comments and interact.
What Can Video Do For You?
When you create a customized video for your remote workers and your team overall, you accomplish a few key things. Done well, you’ll see benefits such as:
- You’ll be able to boost company morale. People feel more like a cohesive team even when they are not working together.
- You can get people excited and boost their motivation through video. Skip the boring speeches and instead get creative.
- Use them to showcase the company’s values and goals. Instructional video in this area is often very important to brands.
- Spread a message of happiness or share exciting news. Launch a weekly video series that provides information and gets people excited.
- Use video to provide step by step instructions or other meaningful information they need.
Video is fantastic for many reasons, but it needs to be done well. When it comes to choosing the videos for your company focus on using a video production team to help you. You’ll love the intensity and opportunity that videos can create, which can easily help bring your team together.
Posted in: Online Videos